Code of Conduct for Members and Guests
Effective August 26, 2013
This Code of Conduct has been drafted to ensure a safe, respectful and friendly environment for AYC members and guests. It is written in a relaxed spirit of cooperation, goodwill and mutual respect.
AYC expects its members and guests to comply with the Club By-Laws and House Rules while on the property and its water lot, including the terms of this code. Failure to comply in any way may result in expulsion from the Club property and sanctions from the Board of Directors.
- Anyone using AYC facilities shall conduct themselves in a manner not injurious to the reputation, interest, congeniality and good order of the Alexandra Yacht Club.
- Anyone using AYC facilities must at all times be respectful to the Club's members, guests and Directors.
- Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests at all times when the guests are on Club property.
- Members and guests are to refrain from smoking on the upper patio on the west side of the Club property within proximity of the BBQs and outdoor dining area. Pets are restricted from the same area.
- Conduct that is injurious or detrimental to the Club may include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
- Use of foul language on the premises.
- Aggressive, abusive and/or unnecessarily loud communications with fellow members and guests.
- Acts of violence or attempted acts of violence directed towards Club property, members and guests.
- Harassment of any kind including, but not limited to, bullying or sexual harassment of fellow members and guests.
- Inappropriate use of Club facilities or the personal property of other members and guests.
- Parking in non-designated areas of the property or in a manner that inconveniences other members and guests.
Any violation of the Code of Conduct will be addressed as outlined in Club By-Law 1.6.
Authorized by the AYC Board Of Directors